Thursday 18 September 2008

mind the pregap

OK, so maybe I'm a bit slow. Pregaps are something I was vaguely aware of, but never really bothered to understand. My bad. Having now read up on them, I spent the last hour or so raiding my CD collection, and finding some absolute gems of hidden tracks from some great artists. A quick hook-up through the desk to Garageband, and I'm up a load of new, easily accessible mp3s.

Favourites so far include the original demo of "9 crimes" on 9, wherein it sounds like Damien Rice does all the bashing and backing vocals himself, based around a much harder and edgier guitar riff - much better to me than the piano-based single. Another great one is "I Just Can't Get Through To Myself", a snappy two minute wonder from David Gray on White Ladder. Do yourself a favour, find out what the hell I'm talking about on wikipedia and then get stuck in. Happy hunting!

-------------------

No comments:

Related posts