Friday 5 September 2008

blackout bother

The power's just back on after going out for a few hours this evening. Due to the current fault (there's always one) in our alarm system at home, the blackout tripped the backup alarm and so the wailing commenced. After being heavily chastised by my sister, (that makes it sound much politer than it was) for attempting to say I might be able to fix it, I waited for her to storm off and then disabled and dismantled the alarm at a couple of points around the house (after first binding up the offending siren in a rubber glove and parcel tape, does a good job of blocking the airflow.)

The fact that the entire operation took me less than five minutes, and I didn't really know what I was doing until I opened the boxes, is now going to keep me up all night. Think we need to see about a system upgrade... prospective burglars, don't get any ideas.

Ironically, watching the bit in Gangs of New York where Cameron Diaz's character is robbing uptown houses dressed as a maid...

No comments:

Related posts