Tuesday 28 August 2007

here we go then



Today was Day Zero: the first day of my life as a teacher, a road map to personal development for the next 40 years of my life. According to the Assistant Head of Education at the University of Ulster, anyway. My personal feelings were a bit less polite. Mind you, a hour and a half queuing for student finance processing aside, the dreaded First Day was relatively painless. Can't say I'm too keen of the idea of working 9 to 5 for the next year and beyond, mind you.

Someday [when I'm Graemebo's campaign manager or something] I'll live in a wonderfully excessive mid-town penthouse, and walk to work in the morning... commuting is out. Mind you, I shouldn't complain: I got up to Coleraine in 40 minutes this morning, compared to one guy who got the bus from Belfast in just under 3 hours... think he's going for the train tomorrow.

UU is a funny joint: it seems to me like a high school or something, all the corridors have that feel. It doesn't help when you're doing ice-breakers in the gym which looks just like a school gym, and they're being led by a teacher who manages to take all the fun out and replace it with health and safety regulations... youth work come back, all is forgiven.

No comments:

Related posts