Saturday 2 May 2009

crime and punishment?



Some music moguls have deemed some of my lesser YouTube content to be annoying. Two have had audio stripped; one, the visuals (even though the complaint is about another music track.) Fear not, however - fans of John & Paul's Sponsored Fun Run who are lucky enough to live in Western Samoa, among others, will still be able to view it without restriction...

I'll probably be pulling these few videos in the next while anyway (DailyMotion, here we come? Vimeo's too pretty for this kind of drivel) but it saddens me that they couldn't just stick a banner ad at the side, as they do with many infringement issues. The videos are rubbish, don't get me wrong - but it's the principle of the thing. I wasn't making any kind of profit, I wasn't offending anyone, and in the only one that was any good, the music was actually incidental. But i guess the law is the law, after all.

---

No comments:

Related posts