Saturday 8 November 2008

show + tell


My head hurts!

[1] Been meaning to pare my current offering down to a "proper" showreel for at least two years. Have to give a presentation in a job interview next week. Have therefore resolved that this would be a good use of my time.

[2] Problem is, I've been slowly wading (in my spare time) through a previously-mentioned wedding video for a month now, and am still only about 60% of the way into the edit. I'm vaguely comforted though that apparently the mind-numbing boredom of this kind of task (no matter how much you love the people, and I really do) is a common frustration. (Not aided as that on the day, so much went... well, not wrong, just awkward...) Fiddling with a showreel is definitely going to be a distraction...

[3] Being out of full-time employment, I have resolved, is not fun. Spent today (like many before) trawling through websites, phoning people, and filling out some forms. The horrible thing is people keep offering to support me: but I'm far too proud and I hate owing people, no matter how much I love them. In fact, that probably makes it harder. But rent is due, MOT is looming, and I ain't got no money (wickeba wickeba wickeba wickeba da da da da....)... Am demented, having now written out my personal details and employment history so many times, I still see it whenever I close my eyes. (For the record, it's usually in Arial, size 12. Could be worse - could be Times New Roman.)

Ouch.

-------------------

No comments:

Related posts