Sunday 7 December 2008

x factor 2008: first single to be "hallelujah"?

Having watch ITV's X Factor for the first time last week, and being suitable appalled, I couldn't resist going to the website today to find out what had happened on last night's show. Was tempted by this particular video diary, where all four remaining artists film the promo for the first single - regardless of who the winner is, the song will be the same. But what is it? About a minute in, the clapperboard reveals that it's called Hallelujah. And yes. It's the Leonard Cohen song, made famous in our time by numerous covers, I will cry. I will. I will actually die a little inside, along with taste, dignity and everyone with a brain. And of course, it will be Christmas number one by a landslide.



This story leaked in rumour form a couple of days ago, but it seems that this clip is the first real comfirmation.

[Now I know what you're thinking... first he says he likes Katy Perry (see below) and now he admits to watching X Factor... no, it really is me. It's been that kind of weekend...]

---------

1 comment:

dave said...

I see where you're coming from. But. I think it might be ok. It would have been more ok if dianna had still been in, I reckon she could have produced a great cover, other than that I think JLS would do the best of the remaining three. But I think I want Eoghan to win, purely from a local pride perspective. And don't knock it. X-factor's been good this year, best year yet IMO. The final four all could have won in other years.

Related posts