Tuesday 27 January 2009

reconfiguring

Dave was on at me today for not having updated in over a week; apparently, this makes his work days longer. Since joining the 9-5 cycle, I have to admit my time management has been nothing short of mad. I've been trying to relish free moments, but they've been few and far between. Embracing this new era, I guess it's probably a good idea to try and work out where to go from here.

1] Mediatree needs an update as a concept, and a facelift as a website. If said update includes sticking with the nomenclature opted for a few years ago, it's about time to get a proper domain and switch this whole bad boy to something that's probably not blogger! Truthfully, I've always been a bit bereft of ideas for any other names, and moreover am still piddled off that mediatree turned out to be so popular with so many other random organisations - as did its predecessor, Room One. (Although room one records remained for gig organising purposes, including the night of joy that was T in the Barn - more on that in a minute.)

2] All the creative stuff. In theory, a no-strings 9-5 should free me up for a lot of time to work on the creative business ideas. This hasn't happened - haven't even managed to catch up on the couple of editing projects I'd promised to fit in for people. Very hard to do.

3] T in the Barn followup. There is an idea. It's very experimental. It would be completely untried and untested, and to my mind, unlike anything that's ever been attempted by anyone I know before. This is very exciting. Even better, it will probably happen in the next six to eight weeks, so if you like good music (and conveniently probably in Belfast this time), watch this space.

I'd write more, but I've a whole lot to do before... going out tonight! Gah. Was in Bristol over the weekend, so here's a nice picture of the Clifton Suspension Bridge to finish...



---

No comments:

Related posts