Friday 9 May 2008

upward struggle

Of all the tasks that are currently causing me to tear little strips of skin off, possibly the most agonising is not the School Based Project (the final big assessment for the PGCE year - so big, you get a month "off" to do it) but rather trying to write tailored personal statements for job applications. A couple of months ago I vehemently warned a year 10 class to get familiar with the styles of personal statements now, because they would spend the next ten years writing them. I wish I'd been joking!

Selling yourself just isn't easy. Particularly when the pressure's on. A month today I head off to Sao Paulo, Brazil with Tearfund - which is amazing, but also pretty much ensures that I need to have sorted out (a) employment, (b) housing, and (c) life before then.

Continuously fighting the urge to curl up into a ball and rock backwards and forwards.

On a lighter note, went for a walk in Donegal in the glorious weather on Monday, and a big rock got in the way...

No comments:

Related posts