Saturday 22 March 2008

God and itunes

Was driving home earlier, and got a one of those freaky moments. God spoke to me through iTunes.

I will elaborate (whether you like it or not!) Was on my way back from the last big studio session (see below and probably the next post too) having a bit of a moral dilemma about something. Now, my MacBook was hooked up to the car and on shuffle (not as dangerous as it sounds, officer, I assure you...) and had been chugging away happily. But, having muted the sound system for a minute whilst driving and focusing on (a) a twisty bit of road and (b) the argument going on in my head, I turned it back on to be greeted by the following:


David Crowder* Band - Turn Your Ear (O Praise Him)
Turn your ear to heaven and hear the noise inside...

System of a Down - Chop Suey!
Father, into your hands I commend my spirit/ Why have you forsaken me...

Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors
We've all been changed, by what we were / Our broken hearts smashed on the floor / I can't believe you, if I can't hear you...

Bruce Springsteen - Your Own Worst Enemy
Your own worst enemy has come to town...

Matchbox 20 - Bright Lights
...when all your love is gone, who will save me? / I'm all lost and alone out in this world / Maybe, maybe maybe you'll find something that's enough to keep you / But if those bright lights don't receive you just turn yourself around and come on home...


Trust me, this didn't feel coincidental... it might not have been a bright light and divine bellow, but the message was coming through pretty loud and clear.

And as the clock turns over, it is Easter! Woohoo!

No comments:

Related posts