Saturday 24 November 2007

here's lookin' at you, kid...

Was back up for a review day at UUC yesterday, and took full advantage of the non-restricted broadband to access lots of things I've been meaning to look at for a while. Top of the list were Blitzen Trapper, whose combination of country music and electronica is currently fascinating me greatly. (Cheers to Jonny B for that one... oh no, public exposure! What if your pupils find you...)

Speaking of pupils, a lot of people may now be living in fear after the realisation that more than a few of the people on our course all already popping up on the wonderfully uncomfortable Rate My Teacher website. Oh dear.

Was shopping for a new DVI to VGA adaptor earlier this week, and decided to also avail myself of some new clothing for my MacBook Pro. I remain quite fond of my eco-friendly cardboard protective casing, but society deemed it time to move on. So I bought a memory-foam-tastic LArobe case instead. [Making me, obviously, the envy of all my friends.]

Also, on Dave's recommendation, I've been Flocking around... it's not quite as exciting as anticipated, but again, the dial-up warlock may be responsible for that too.


Of course, the most exciting news there is is that tomorrow, the short epic that is Noir goes up against four other films in the final shortlist of Cinemagic's Young Filmmaker of the Year Award. We're probably more confident than we should be, but initial feelings are good. If you're free tomorrow (Sunday) at 4.30, all five films will be screened and then the award awarded in the QFT. There's very few tickets left but if you give me a shout there are some spaces left on our guestlist! (There's a lot of unsupportive girlfriends out there...)

No comments:

Related posts