Monday 6 April 2009

good grief



I can't really summon the appropriate language to comment on this. [I can, but it's unprintable.] So I'll direct you to the good bishop Cramner's cleaner diatribe instead. The saddest thing is that I can, of course, instantly think of Anglican folk on our own lump of rock that would probably go with this. But as the previously-mentioned blogger discusses:

When it comes to the BNP, [Cranmer] has a dilemma. Does he cover their outrageous advertising campaign and provide them with ‘the oxygen of publicity’, or does he ignore them altogether, thereby leaving unchallenged their assertion that they are a Christian party; indeed, more Christian than the Church of England?

If the BNP were a Christian party, they would drive Jesus to atheism.


The mixture of pity and anger my soul feels is untenable.

---

No comments:

Related posts