Wednesday 17 September 2008

pirates of the underage-tween

I have never seen High School Musical. All I know about Miley Cyrus is that she takes her clothes off for money. I know who Hilary Duff is, in fact I have an .mp3 by her. But I still don't care about whoever it is she's verbally sparring with. And until a couple of days ago, I didn't really care about the existence of the Jonas Brothers, other than Russell Brand acted the gype and they didn't even have the decency to set the lawyers on him. (I'm one of those people who looks at the poor English folk with their Jimmy Carrs and their Russell Brands, and then shake my head and mutter 'cause they still don't get what funny actually means.)

But suddenly, I am enraged. Dumbfounded. For it would appear that these Jonas boys have been plundering the beloved Busted's back-catalogue (yes, that's right, BELOVED) and recycling their hits as their own to stadiums full of small children! And not even that - the Disney folks have got to work and cleaned up the lyrics - check out year 3000... there used to be triple-breasted women in this song, and Michael Jackson! But no more...

When you take MJ out, you might as well pack it in...

No comments:

Related posts